The Canadian initiative to stop Wireless Electrical and Electromagnetic Pollution21 April 2014
Two Scientists Break Silence on "Major Flaws" in Royal Society's Recent Report on Safety of Cell Phones, Cell Towers and Wi-Fi
C4ST Press Release April 14, 2014
Ottawa - Two peer reviewers involved in this month's Royal Society report on wireless safety
say the results cannot be trusted, because the Panel ignored evidence that wireless radiation is
harmful to humans.
The scientific reviewers also said key panelists were in conflict of interest as they regularly
accept funding from wireless and energy companies.
papers at Columbia University on the health effects of wireless radiation. The other reviewer, Dr.
Anthony Miller MD, is Professor Emeritus at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the
University of Toronto.
Both say the Royal Society panel ignored scientific evidence published over the past five years.
As peer reviewers, they noted some panelists were conflicted and others lacked sufficient
"The Royal Society panel has failed in its obligation to the public," said Dr. Miller. "It ignored
recent evidence that wireless radiation is a probable carcinogen."
Dr. Miller said he is most concerned about involuntary exposure, such as children exposed to
Wi-Fi in schools.
causes harm to human cells, including sperm cells when men carry phones in their pockets.
"We don't need further study to lower safety limits," said Dr. Blank. "There is already enough
evidence to recommend lower limits for wireless radiation in Canada."
The Royal Society's panel has been mired in controversy. Last summer, the original Chair
resigned after a conflict of interest was exposed in the media. The Royal Society promised to
publish the remaining scientists' conflicts in its final report, but did not.
C4ST Frank Clegg interviewed on 1290 AM CJBK, London Ontario
Following the publication of the RSC Review of Health Canada's Safety Code 6, C4ST CEO Frank Clegg speaks to Andy Oudman and Pam Killeen on Newstalk 1290 and explains what's going on re Safety Code 6 and what's next.
The Ukrainian group of scientists around Igor Yakymenko at the Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology in Kiev consider it to be proven that mobile phone radiation leads to harmful oxidation processes in cells through the overproduction of free radicals.
PUNITIVE POWER and the 'smart meter' TYRANNY
Victoria State, Australia. United Energy trying to win the 'Energy Idiots of the World' title.
Lets hope that their criminal acts of assault and negligence are eventually rewarded with jail sentences!
Table 11: Subjective Effects on Persons Working in RF Electromagnetic Fields:
Headaches, Eyestrain; Fatigue; Dizziness; Disturbed sleep at night; Sleepiness in daytime; Moodiness; Irritability; Unsociability; Hypochondriac reactions; Feelings of fear; Nervous tension; Mental depression; Memory impairment; Pulling sensation in the scalp and brow; Loss of hair; Pain in muscles and heart region; Breathing difficulties; Increased perspiration of extremities; Difficulty with sex life.
Message To - Professor Richard Easther
I checked for other smart meter news and found precious little coverage about opponents to smart meters in the US (the media cover up on the resistance is really widespread OR people are just so unaware and/or uninterested that the utility companies get little resistance. In Europe, the resistance is also pretty minimal. California, Quebec, Maine et BC seem to be the major hotbeds of resistance worldwide, and there is some stiff resistance too in Australia - while Vermont has partly solved the problem through offering a free optout, which only about 1% of clients have requested (as far as I know...)
The Southcott tower that went up last year was a disaster for so many reasons. I'll list some of them below:
- Some people in the neighbourhood have already become sensitive to wireless now. This also happened to many people in Port Franks and a couple of people in St. Josephs so far. The levels of radiation in Port Franks are exceptionally high.
- Birds have left the neighbourhood; even 1 km away from the tower in my neighbourhood. We still have larger crows, blackbirds and woodpeckers, but our forest used to be filled with birds and we couldn't keep the window open overnight without getting woken up at 5:30 am. Now it's not a problem
- It's on the site of endangered species and species at risk.
- It's on the historic site of Grand Bend, the Brewster Mill.
- It went up against the written wishes of the municipality.
- It is only 40 metres from 10+ houses and the rest of the neighbourhood. The Municipal setback allowance is 300 metres. This happened because of the next point
- It was put up with "NO" public consultation because Industry Canada waived the rights of the public to be notified. They did this because otherwise the tower wouldn't have gone up at all. I know that personally. Frank Clegg, the former President of Microsoft Canada and now head of the Canadians for Safe Technology, and I went to speak with Industry Canada in Burlington and that is exactly what they said...
There were two electrosensitive persons in this area when I moved here that I knew of. Now there are at least 36 people since these three towers went up that have reported to our Coalition as having become newly electrosensitive. This doesn't include serious cancers and deaths that have resulted either. There are also cancer clusters in the area from long standing towers that need to be investigated by Health Canada. The Royal Society report on Safety Code 6 which came out a two weeks ago directed Health Canada to start investigating these reported cancer clusters all over the Country and also to figure out why people are becoming electrosensitive. Maybe finally something will happen and the government will stop the wireless free-for-all that is going on now at the expense of people's health.
People don't realize it, but these already existing cell towers have new antenna added to them all the time. Look at the tower on Greenway road by the Pinery Park entrance (just north). They just added an entire lower row of antenas two weeks ago that are pointed at the Pinery and where the swans stay during their migration. Our Municipality has no say about this and nobody is notified this is happening, not even the poor people living under them.
And no thought is given for the animals who are actually not protected by the Safety Code for microwave radiation. I'll write more about that later this week...
Cord-cutting continues as Canadians ditch TV & landlines
Why I Cannot Use a Cellphone (and Need a Land Line)
Here is my response to the proposed legislation by telecom companies to discontinue landlines. This is despite the fact that wireless radiation has been classified as a class 2B possible carcinogen by the World Health Organization and a probable carcinogen by the EPA.
I would not be able to function without a landline. Because of the previous cumulative effects of radiation (cell phones and other EMR) on my body from using a cell phone and living 150' from a disguised cell tower, I can no longer tolerate any sort of prolonged wireless radiation, Wifi or smart meter radiation. I have been forced to live in the outback where there is no cell tower.
I am a PR professional who used a cell phone exclusively for 8 years until it made me dizzy and nauseous whenever I held it to my head. My ear on the side of my head with which I used this cell phone is now permanently numb. I count myself as lucky to have given up this cell phone before I developed a brain tumor. Please note that more and more people are now winning legal battles due to the brain tumor damage they have received from cell phone wireless radiation.
Wireless cell radiation (EMR/RF) is now categorized by the insurance industry as a high risk: A major Swiss insurance industry report featuring emerging risk topics acknowledges recent reports of courts ruling in favor of claimants who have experienced health damage from mobile phones.
People like me are the canaries in the mine shaft. Wireless microwave radiation poisoning has been undeniably shown in 4,000+ peer-reviewed academic studies to damage DNA, destroy the blood/brain barrier, and interfere with the production of melatonin by the pineal gland, along with a host of other effects. Living beings can only handle the effects of radiation so long before their immune system gives out. (See: www.EMRActionDay.org/science for a partial selection of scientific studies.)
Because corporate-owned PR firms and media are blocking the flow of this information, I have spent a great deal of time sharing with others the numerous academic studies that prove wireless radiation is toxic. Because of my advocacy work, I have been harassed and threatened by telecom industry shills. However, my ethics and Ivy League education demand that I continue to insist that the truth about cumulative wireless radiation be acknowledged. If we give in any further to this monopoly of money, we will be directly harming the public for all time. You know the tobacco and asbestos stories.
Granted, the companies that make wireless technology are now among the most powerful in the world, making trillions of dollars every year and paying little to no Federal income tax. They use vast PR networks, media/political control, and advertising to hide the proven effects of wireless radiation poisoning from us.
The kicker is that telephone landlines use less than one third as much energy to operate as cell phones do. With 6 billion cell phones, imagine the energy we could save on this planet if we decide to use safe fiber optic hard wiring instead of radiation to communicate with one another.
I am convinced that the unending stream of wireless microwave radiation emitting from millions of cell towers across the planet is contributing significantly to global warming. Now industrial-level WiFi is being installed in the ceilings of classrooms and businesses across America in order to sell massive quantities of wireless technology. However, hard wiring computer technology with fiber optics would be better quality, cheaper to operate, and without the effects of microwave poisoning day in and day out on us and our children.
Alternatives to dangerous wireless technology are disappearing fast. These days it is almost impossible to buy landline phones, cable TV boxes, computer mice and routers, utility meters, etc. etc, that don't emit wireless radiation. Although there is a large lobby for the needs of the disabled here in America, phone booths are rarely available to the many people like me who have been injured by wireless radiation and cannot use cell phones.
After arriving home recently from vacation, I found out that my mother was on her deathbed. I had tried to check up on her health condition while on vacation, but every phone booth between Southern California and Utah was disconnected or broken. Although I immediately took the red eye to New York to see her, she passed on before I got there. In order to fly to New York, I had to endure a radiation-emitting full body scanner and WiFi emitting from the confines of every airplane. After getting back from my Mom's funeral, I developed a painful burning condition in my spine for months--another symptom of wireless poisoning.
The phone booths are now all gone. It is inconceivable that the increasing number of people who are being injured by cumulative wireless poisoning could function without landlines. Do not take away the landlines so trillion dollar companies can make a few more bucks. And although cell phones are touted as great for emergencies, landlines are the only device that will still work when the power goes out.
My report on Athens and PowerPoint are now available on the RRT website http://www.radiationresearch.org/ .
You may also be interested to read the following front page news in the Champion -
HOW DARE THEY!
Formby antiradiation campaigner hits out at village centre WiFi plans. http://www.champnews.com/papers/pdf/F1514.pdf
Wind farms are a breach of human rights says UN.
Perhaps the same will soon be said about cell phone towers etc?
An emerging diagnosis, not yet in the DSM, seems poised to enter the family of attention disorders. Called "sluggish cognitive tempo," it's reported in the New York Times to be a seemingly ill-defined target for ADHD-related drugs.
Characterized by lethargy, daydreaming, and slow mental processing, SCT is estimated to affect some 2 million children (roughly 6 million have ADHD). One researcher with strong ties to an ADHD drug maker says that SCT "has become the new attention disorder," according to the Times. Others aren't so sure. One expert warned: "We haven't even agreed on the symptom list -- that's how early we are in the process."
Asked to comment, Peter Roy-Byrne, editor-in-chief of NEJM Journal Watch Psychiatry, expressed concern that SCT "will be used as a convenient easy diagnosis in lieu of evaluating things more carefully, especially from a psychological and behavioral perspective."
New York Times http://click.jwatch.org/cts/click?q=227%3B67984637%3BkUFMG%2FDMf05JDyd8M6Ea95fb5t2ZAmmDWnL2Bma9U6o%3D
You may disagree with comments in this article made from Beckie Codd-Downey, press secretary to Ontario Energy Minister Bob Chiarelli, where she said that smart meters are safe and absolutely not causing any health problems.
If you have any health problems/symptoms caused by smart meters or know someone that is, please take the time to write to Ms. Codd-Downey. As well, please CC the Energy Minister and their entire staff at:
Beckie.Codd-Downey@ontario.ca ; email@example.com ; Andrew.Teliszewsky@ontario.ca ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org ; Susan.Menchini@ontario.ca ; Julie.Cousins@ontario.ca ; Mark.Olsheski@ontario.ca ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ;
After a smart meter was installed in her home, Lamb was diagnosed with electromagnetic hypersensitivity disorder, or EHS.
Don Powers, Lamb's attorney, said, "I have clients from eight different counties and all of them have been impacted by smart meters from different providers."http://kfor.com/2014/04/15/battle-lines-drawn-over-smart-meter-safety/
- The frequency 2.4 GHz is the same frequency used by microwave ovens to cook food and heat liquids!
- Independent scientists know that 910 MHz is even more dangerous to humans and other life forms than is 2.4 GHz, because 910 Mhz penetrates all organs of the body more deeply than does 2.4 GHz!
- Soviet scientists warned all countries of the world prior to 2001 not to use microwave ovens or any devices using the microwave oven frequency of 2.4 GHz!
- Both transmitters inside a Smart Meter emit pulsed low level non-thermal microwave radiation 24/7/365 in perpetuity -- and cannot be shut off by the public!
- Independent world-class scientists know that pulsed microwave radiation is more harmful to all life forms than is continuous wave radiation, such as is emitted by microwave ovens!
- The latency period for cancers is anywhere from 10 to 30 years!
- Independent world-class scientists say that NO level of microwave radiation is safe to any living thing!
- On average, a Smart Meter's LAN (local area transmitter) emits 14,000 pulses per day up to a maximum of 190,000 pulses a day!
- Safety Code 6 is not - and never was - intended to protect the general public from any level of microwave radiation. Provinces and Territories are not obliged to follow Safety Code 6, but they have all erred in blindly adhering to it (see below).
- Safety Code 6 recognizes only thermal radiation (i.e., that which heats the skin) and ignores entirely the harmful effects caused by chronic non-thermal microwave radiation emitted by devices such as a Smart Meter's two pulsing microwave transmitters!
- Safety Code 6 "Exposure Limits" (safety levels) apply to the total or cumulative amount of thermal radiation the public are exposed to at any moment in time from all radio / microwave frequency devices, such as cell phones, cordless phones, cell towers, wi-fi routers, i-Pads, tablets and laptop computers, Wi-Fi networks, baby monitors, AM and FM radio stations, satellite radio and TV stations, GPS satellites, etc. - not just the radiation emitted by a single LAN transmitter, as Ms. Taylor would have us believe.
- B.C.'s provincial medical officer, Dr. Perry Kendall, refuses to even acknowledge the existence of non-thermal radiation, as does the World Health Organization (WHO); in fact, not one of the so-called 'standard-setting' agencies of the world recognize non-thermal microwave radiation!
- In 2011, the European Parliaments (47 countries, 800-million people) announced publicly that they now recognize for the first time non-thermal microwave radiation; historically they had always followed ICNIRP (the International Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection) which, like the WHO and Health Canada, recognizes only thermal radiation!
- In May of 2011, the Council of Europe (47 countries, 800-million people) urged all its member countries to reduce their radiation safety limits to a level which, for Health Canada to comply, would necessitate Safety Code 6 being lowered by 10,000 times!
- The BioInitiative 2012 Report urged all countries of the world to reduce their radiation 'Exposure (Safety) Limits' to a level which, for Health Canada to comply, would necessitate Safety Code 6 being lowered some 3-6 million times!!
By not telling the public about a Smart Meter's 2nd transmitter, the ZigBee, and explaining why it is there, the public are intentionally being kept in the dark about all of the 'other' radiation to which they will be exposed from Smart Meters. The public needs to know that ZigBee transmitters operate on the microwave oven frequency of 2.4 GHz, and their sole function is to control and communicate back and forth - 24/7/365 in perpetuity - with the utility (via the LAN transmitter) and the dozen or so "Smart Appliances" which all electric utilities, including BC Hydro, envisage will eventually be in all typical homes.
Joel M. Moskowitz, PRLog (Press Release) - Apr. 15, 2014 - BERKELEY, Calif. -- The Google Glass emits both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radiation. Although the Glass official web site, http://www.google.com/glass/start/, contains information warning consumers about the device's potential interference with radio or television reception, the site provides no safety information to consumers.
Now if they did something to reduce dirty electricity and get the current out of the ground we would be making real progress!
Over 140 million iPads(®) have been sold worldwide. The iPad2(®), with
magnets embedded in its frame and Smart Cover and 3G cellular data
capability, can potentially cause electromagnetic interference in
implantable cardioverter defibrillators. This can lead to potentially
life-threatening situations in patients. The goal of this study was to
determine whether the iPad2(®) can cause electromagnetic interference in
patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators.
METHODS AND RESULTS:
Twenty-seven patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators were
studied. The iPad2(®) was held at reading distance and placed directly over
the device with cellular data capability activated and deactivated. The
manufacturers/models of devices and the patients' body mass index were
noted. The presence of electromagnetic interference was detected by using a
programmer supplied by each manufacturer. Magnet mode with suspension of
anti-tachycardia therapy was triggered in 9 (33%) patients. All occurred
when the iPad2(®) was placed directly over the device. The cellular data
status did not cause interference and no noise or oversensing was noted.
There was no significant difference between the mean body mass index of the
groups with or without interference.
The iPad2(®) can trigger magnet mode in implantable cardioverter
defibrillators when laid directly over the device. This is potentially
dangerous if patients should develop life-threatening arrhythmias at the
same time. As new electronic products that use magnets are produced, the
potential risk to patients with implantable defibrillators needs to be
Vancouver: north to Pender, south to Howe; east to Beach and west to Broughton; parts of Barclay to Georgia; Denman to Lost Lagoon.
- Calgary: 10th Ave. SW to 11th St. SW and Prince's Island Park to 1st St. SW.
- Toronto: west to Yonge east to the DVP; north to Rosedale Valley Rd. (just north of Bloor) and south to Carlton."
"Compared to frequencies used for wireless service up until now, the frequencies in the 700-megahertz band can:
- - Penetrate more deeply through concrete walls into places such as elevators, basements and parking garages that signals from other wireless frequencies have trouble reaching.
- - Transmit data over longer distances while requiring fewer towers."
They are now :
a $206 annual fee to read the energy consumption in person