The Canadian Initiative to stop
Wireless, Electric, and
From: Martin Weatherall
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 10:40 PM
Subject: Telus Tower Valleyfield Drive, Peterborough.
Thank you for writing such a good story about the proposed Telus cell phone tower near Valleyview Drive. http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=895837
I hope that you will follow it up with an investigative story about the false facts that James Kennedy of Telus (cell phone company) provided you and your readers with.
He provided you with the following false statements -
1. "Telus has antennas on pretty much every hospital in Toronto, completely and totally safe he said". This is completely false, ask him for scientific proof that cell phone antennas and the microwave radiation they produce are safe. There is no such proof! Those antennas will put the patients and the staff in those hospitals in great danger from microwave radiation exposure. Please see the attached document - Doctors cancer cluster Israel, to see how incorrect he is.
2. "There is certainly no evidence to suggest in any way that there are health effects from it". This is completely false, I have been unable to live in my home for three years because of microwave radiation. I have suffered very serious health effects of EMR. I continue to suffer the effects when I am exposed to high levels of EMR similar to what the proposed tower will emit. I also assist many other persons who are being severely harmed by electro magnetic radiation. There is a great deal of strong evidence to show that electro magnetic radiation is very harmful. (see any of the attached documents).
3. "There is a lot of misinformation. The problem is the science does not back it up". Again completely false, there is a mass of clear scientific evidence that shows the harm to human health, animal health, bird health and insect health. I will gladly provide this information if you wish but please visit http://www.bioinitiative.org/ for a clear overview of the situation. The misinformation that Kennedy refers to, is coming from him and persons representing the interests of cell phone companies and organizations having a financial interest in wireless technologies. This includes the Government of Canada which has contracts for billions of dollars of licensing fees.
4. "And the myth continues" There is no myth about the harm being caused by electro magnetic radiation. There is truth and there are facts showing harm to health, but Mr. Kennedy does not admit them.
5. "Radio has been round for more than 100 years, its the same technology". Again this is false information. Microwave technology that is being used today has only been widely used over the last twenty years. There is a big difference in the frequencies being used today (compared to 100 years ago). Microwaves used in digital cellular phones and antennas use pulsed microwave radiation, making them much more dangerous. (see the Canadian Government document 1973).
I hope that you will continue with this story. Electro magnetic radiation, even though it is convenient and helps us in communicating, is probably the most significant threat to our environment, ever! In the long term it is likely to harm you, your family, your friends and the public that look to you for sensible information. The attached documents will give you some understanding about the dangers of EMR. They are just a small selection that I have put together because of the false facts presented by Mr. Kennedy. If I can assist you with further infomation, please do not hesitate to contact me.
NRC Canada 1973
CSU Final Report Lookout Mountain RF exposure
Joining the Dots11 Australia 2007
Biological effects of Radio frequency Radiation. C Sage
Health Effects associated with cell phone towers - Dr. Neil Cherry
Paris School children with cancer
Radio Wave Sickness - A Fienberg
School Phone Mast Cancer Fear 11102007