Wireless Electrical and Electromagnetic Pollution News9 September 2011
Ontario school cuts Wi-Fi over safety concerns
Dear EHT Supporters,
I'm writing because we really need your help. We need to raise $25,000 to get matching funds to expand our work protecting babies' brains and bodies. Until September 16, every dollar you give to us through Old Bill's Community Foundation will be matched by fifty cents. Please help!
- Right now scientists working with us are ready to start cutting-edge scientific work on how the brain responds to cellphone radiation.
- Right now, teachers, parents and students in Jackson, Wyoming, Philadephia, Pennsylvania, and Northern California are asking for clear information on how to protect themselves.
- Right now health professionals stand ready to provide their patients with simple resources on cellphone safety like our Doctors' Advice pamphlet.
- Right now we've got clear, compelling messages ready to play as Public Service Announcements--like this one such as this one featuring famed jazz composer, musician and cell-phone related brain tumor survivor, Keith Phillips.
With your help we've done so much this past year. EHT placed the issue of cell phone safety squarely on the public agenda locally, nationally and internationally with its book, Disconnect and with major media efforts around the world from Jackson, Wyoming to Istanbul, Turkey. Public discussion has shifted and sales of headsets are up. Cities and states are creating legislation on cell phone safety. And private companies are starting to advertise cell phones and landline phones differently.
We are making an impact.
EHT is the only group in our community and this country that is exclusively working to protect you and your families from avoidable exposure to cellphone radiation. We operate with other environmental groups within a network of professionals in specialties including health, journalism, engineering, physics and more, over a range of 18 countries, making us the most the most diverse, and authoritative source on the subject.
I am writing to ask that you help us expand our reach by donating funds to EHT through a community matching program in Jackson, Wyoming--Old Bills Fun Run. Just a few clicks will allow you to send us a donation that will qualify for matching funds from the sponsors of this terrific community fundraising effort.
Your support this year will allow us to:
- Build science through overseeing FOUR groundbreaking high impact research projects such as:
- Filming the changes in brain cells as they are exposed to cell phone radiation over time
- Ascertaining the radiation absorption rate for children through brain modelling
- Examining sentinel diseases as indicators of serious health risks
- Presenting a series of cancer case reports to medical journals and conferences for further study
- Create training programs for your community through:
- Public forums, such as our Schools Get Wired program, aimed at educating schools on cell phone safety, and empowering students and their parents to make cell phone safety a priority.
- A series of compelling video reports documenting the human face of cellphone related diseases
Please help us help you and your families.
Where we've been has been nothing short of amazing. But, with your help, where we're going promises to be even better.
San Francisco Examiner
Hangups: Peninsula cities are trying to figure out where their jurisdiction begins on where and whether a cellphone tower can be installed. (Mike Koozmin/The Examiner) Two Peninsula cities are standing up to some of the world's largest ...
Ozag cites serious health concerns over electromagnetic radiation near families and children. The applicant, Capital Telecom, also filed their appeal over ...
Stopping Wireless Invasion at the Door
By Getit Done September 1, 2011
In a blitz blockade of the international wireless industry, a Florida community has prohibited wireless "smart" meters and their infrastructure. Most but not all households received on Saturday, August 6 a postcard announcing the advent of a wireless, "smart" meter system. The following Tuesday, the water utility replaced the black plastic covering their water meters but installed no wireless meters. Throughout that week, informational materials and stickers were distributed to households, while residents investigated the situation.
Over the next mid-August weekend, representatives of about 75 households in Isles of Bellalago in Kissimmee, FL signed a legal letter refusing wireless meters. Their reasoning included that the intended system would involve the installation of illegal surveillance devices and would violate their respective contracts. Residents also placed colorful stickers in their present, fully functional but noninvasive meters, stating, "SMART METER FREE ZONE" and "DO NOT INSTALL SMART METER HERE".
The entity claiming authority over water usage, Toho Water Authority, received the neighbors' letter by hand-delivery and certified mail on August 17. Early the very next morning, two workmen targeted some of the signatory households, installing some meters and infrastructure.
Community members sprang into action. One large man strongly informed the workers that their actions were illegal and that they had to leave. The workers phoned their "boss," who told them to respond that there was a "federal mandate" to install the meters. The large man informed the workers and their boss that the community had legal remedies. The workers left and never returned.
The initial signatories of the legal letter grew to over 100 households in one week. With many of the houses in the area unoccupied, some used only as vacation homes, this number represented all but a handful of the potential signatories. Three energy industry workers living in the community declined to sign, some agreeing that the letter's assertions were true, but saying they'd lose their jobs if they became signatories.
Targeted community members then faxed a letter stating there exists no federal mandate for any wireless grid or meters. They demanded that the meter on their property and any associated infrastructure be removed within 24 hours; else they reserved the right to remove it themselves.
On Thursday, August 18, a legal letter with additional signatories was hand-delivered to the water authority. Since that date, more household representatives have signed the letter. Lawyers and others living in the community are geared up to ensure that the targeted households will be freed from all wireless meters and infrastructure. As of this date, well over 100 households are signatory to the letter, and >90% of the households in the community remain free of wireless invasion.
Mobile & Health Interviews Pt. 2 Jack Rowley & Michael Repacholi
Mobile & Health Interviews Pt. 3 Jack Rowley & Michael Repacholi
To sign up for WEEP News: firstname.lastname@example.org (provide name and e-mail address)
W.E.E.P. – The Canadian initiative to stop: Wireless Electrical and Electromagnetic Pollution